My Photo
Name:
Location: Albany, New York, United States

CONSERVATIVE ROW C FOR MAYOR CITY OF ALBANY NY November 5, 2013 Election U S Navy Veteran BS Geography, U Wisconsin (Korean GI Bill) MA Geography, U Minnesota (National Fellowship) 30 years as founder and president, Buckingham Pond/ Crestwood Neighborhood Assoc. maintaining/improving neighborhood residential integrity and quality of life. Leadership resulted in creation of Buckingham Pond Park in 1993-94, as well as many other open spaces. See bpcnanews.blogspot.com for list of leadership results. Neighborhood website: bpcnanews.blogspot.com/ see also: albanycityconservative.blogspot.com

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Retrospect and Prospect.

2008 comes to an end and 2009 with all its' uncertainties and unknowns lies ahead.

Looking back over 2008...it was a marathon political year. Brack Obama won the Presidency. In 2009 and beyond, he must govern wisely because our very survival as a nation, and our individual and collective survivals are on the line. I wish Barack Obama well, and will support him, as long as he charts the proper course to help America and us survive the fateful days ahead.

I did my part, to chart a new course for Congress, by participating in the September Democratic primary to succeed retiring Mike McNulty.Paul Tonko won that seat. Now, like Barack Obama, Paul must leave the boilerplate rhetoric behind, and wean himself from the grip of special interests and unions, and do what is best for his constituents in the 21stCD and for America as a whole.Paul must put America before political party. I wish him well and stand ready to assist him in any way I can.

My blog contains a complete record of my campaign platform, and positions that I took regarding the priority issues facing our region,state and nation.
http://lonerangeralbany.blogspot.com/

Paul would do well to study it closely, and to advocate some of thosepositions, including, but not limited to, (1) promoting emergency/disasterpreparedness at home, (2) abandoning the plan to dredge PCB's from theUpper Hudson watershed, and reallocating the 500 million dollars to rebuilding the aging water/sewer infrastructure of Troy, Albany, Cohoes, Watervliet, Stillwater and other watershed communities; (3) Restoring the Erie Canal-Mohawk-Hudson Waterway as a major routeway for shipment of freight, under an authority independent of the NYS Thruway; (4) rebuilding and expanding our regional rail system including light rail to connect urban places with suburbs and rural areasto move both freight and passengers; (5) restoring Watervliet arsenal as a major weapons manufacturing facility, vital to our national defense.

Looking ahead, my focus will be local in 2009. My intent is to put into practice my beliefs and positions in the neighborhood and City of Albany.Nonetheless, I will keep an eye on the state and national scene as well. Hopefully, I will make my garden more productive than ever; and take better care of my pals Mick and Paddy. They need more exercise, as do I.

A happy, healthy and safe 2009 to all.

Joe Sullivan
Posted by J P Sullivan at 4:25 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home