NEIGHBORHOOD NEWS Winter/Spring 2015
We live in one of the nicest remaining residential
neighborhoods in the City of Albany because we have
had an active neighborhood association
with strong leadership, for the past 29 years
and your support.
Spring is a time of renewal. A time to renew your
involvement in your neighborhood association.
YOUR ASSOCIATION WORKS WHEN YOU DO!
Long time homeowners, and new residents, have a stake
in making sure our neighborhood remains a good place
to live. There are plenty of issues .
Read neighborhood website: http://bpcnanews.blogspot.com/
NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH .
All residents are part of it. See something?
Say / do something.
Call APD, Center Square Station 458 5660 or 438 4000.
Anti- Terror Hotline: 1 866 SAFE NYS (723 3697)
Call me at 438 5230 and we can discuss what role(s) you
can play in maintaining /improving neighborhood
residential integrity and quality of life.
NEIGHBORHOOD AGENDA 2015
1. Improvement of Buckingham Pond Park
2. Strict enforcement of speed limits, all traffic laws
in our neighborhood
3. Improved snow plowing, reduce road salt use
4. Complete Daniel P O Connell Memorial Pocket Park
Whitehall at New Scotland & create Neighborhood
Greenway bordered by Crescent
Krum Kill Rd/New Scotland Ave/ NYS TW/Rte 85
5. Improve Crestwood Shopping Plaza
6. Plant trees curb sides /front lawns
7. REZONING. Keep single family zoning.
Oppose HUD override of local zoning.
8. Keep Albany Muni a city golf course/park.
9. Improve Hartman Rd Community Garden
10. Oppose building an apartment tower/parking garage
Krum Kill Rd , opposite Ohav Shalom Senior apts
11. Neighborhood security, combat crime/blight
promote emergency/disaster preparedness
Officer Jim Brooks 458 5669 firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Oppose reassessment.
COPY/ PASS THIS ON to family/neighbors
Thank you. Wishing all a happy, healthy, productive 2015